CARDO Sierra Leone is looking for individuals hoping to gain valuable experience in the development sector by undertaking an international volunteering role in writing grants proposal. This role is aimed at those with an interest in fund raising, grant writing and proposals.
CARDO Sierra Leone is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in Sierra Leone by giving them the chance to go to school CARDO Sierra Leone is currently seeking to expand and advance a series of projects in Sierra Leone which intend to provide children the opportunity to access education. This placement is a unique opportunity to make a critical contribution to an organization that is setting up and scaling its efforts within various communities in rural and urban Sierra Leone.
Our grant writing team are in charge with securing funds by preparing grant proposals.
Your Common responsibilities as a Grant Writer include: performing research, identifying potential funding sources, composing proposals, supplying required items and materials, liaising with grant-making organizations and promoting the organization.
- Write concept notes and full project proposals
- Compile and maintain a database of local and international donors
- Compile thorough research for the organization
- Consistently monitor donors’ websites and new calls for proposals
CARDO SIERRA LEONE VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT
This document is not intended to be a legally binding contract and it may be cancelled at anytime by either party.
- You are a volunteer for the position of writing grant proposals at CARDO SIERRA
LEONE. This means that, if you accept the role, you perform all duties on a voluntary basis and you will not receive remuneration or payment for your work, Neither
CARDO SIERRA LEONE or volunteer intend any employment or contractual relationship to be created (i.e. you are not an employee, independent contractor or consultant at
CARDO SIERRA LEONE. If this changes at any time, and there is a possibility that you might undertake paid work for the organization or be involved in vocational training, we will discuss this and document the arrangement in a formal employment contract.
- What you can expect when volunteering at CARDO SIERRA LEONE.
Cardo Sierra Leone values its volunteers and will endeavor to provide you with:
A written position description so you understand your role and the tasks
Respect for your privacy, including keeping your private information confidential
A contact person, so that you have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback (see para. 4 below)
A certificate will be provided upon completion of the program.
Successful grant writers that will able to win a grant may have the opportunity to travel to project site.
CARDO SIERRA LEONE will provide all relevant information for you to complete your task.
- What CARDO SIERRA LEONE asks of its volunteers? We ask that:
Support CARDO SIERRA LEONE aims and objectives
Be open and honest in your dealings with us and let us know if we can improve our volunteer program and the support that you receive.
- Your contact person at CARDO SIERRA LEONE will be Kurt, email firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +23231011801. If you have any questions or concerns about your role,
or if there is any assistance you need to help you undertake your role, please contact Kurt email
email@example.com Phone: +23231011801 as soon as possible.
- Intellectual Property, all volunteers at CARDO SIERRA LEONE agree to transfer all intellectual property rights and interests (including copyright) in any ideas or materials they create relating to their provision of voluntary services at CARDO SIERRA LEONE.
Please sign to acknowledge that you have read this Volunteer Agreement and have had an opportunity to ask questions.
Please sign and submit back this document to firstname.lastname@example.org